Thread: News about Piranesi from Informatix Inc.

Default News about Piranesi from Informatix Inc.

The following is from an email that I received from the Chairman asking him if Piranesi is dead or alive - Masanori Nagashima:

Thank you very much for your email.
    It is of course alive.

We have done some user interface changes for the Japanese version which is now V6.1 (only available in Japanese language).
    We are discussing how we can improve the user interface for V6.0 for the world release.

Do you have any opinion about the user interface for V6.0?
    As you can imagine, our income from Piranesi sales is quite limited now.
    It is rather impossible for us to put a significant investment to change the user interface of V6.0.

Thank you very much again for your interest.

Best regards
    Masanori Nagashima
    Chairman
    Informatix Inc.

One of the first things they can do is make it function seamlessly with Revit. There are problems dealing with glass that are serious stumbling blocks.

Focus on the Big Boys like Revit and fill in with Sketchup. We can work on the interface if we can address these problems first. Get the truck out of the mud and headed toward a realistic market before you start waxing and polishing.
    Thomas W. Hillis, LEED AP

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Stone View Post
    The following is from an email that I received from the Chairman asking him if Piranesi is dead or alive - Masanori Nagashima:

Thank you very much for your email.
    It is of course alive.

We have done some user interface changes for the Japanese version which is now V6.1 (only available in Japanese language).
    We are discussing how we can improve the user interface for V6.0 for the world release.

Do you have any opinion about the user interface for V6.0?
    It is rather impossible for us to put a significant investment to change the user interface of V6.0.

Thank you very much again for your interest.

Best regards
    Masanori Nagashima
    Chairman
    Informatix Inc.

So... am I right when I say we cannot hope any improvement in the future?

Unhappy Piranesi looks dead to me!

If you look at the last two sentences:

To me the word impossible means "DEAD" ............

If you don't invest in a product, then you can't increase your income. What Mr.Nagashima said is simply oxymoron.
    ---------------------
    H.Ozgur G.

Default Oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by portrait View Post
    If you don't invest in a product, then you can't increase your income. What Mr.Nagashima said is simply oxymoron.
    Thank's to have learned me this new word! so: Piranesi could have a part in "The night of the dead alive" in French: "La nuit des morts vivants "

Hi Nil,
    I simply can't believe they gave up that way! If they aren't aware of the potential of their own product, then there's nothing to do.

I want to send an e-mail to Autodesk or Adobe telling that there's a moribund software which can fill their gap in this area, and ask why they aren't interested in that.
    ---------------------
    H.Ozgur G.

I have asked, in the Revit forums, for them to develop a direct .epix export. No luck there and the Piranesi people keep throwing the blame back on Autodesk for not sharing the needed code. I had always hoped that Autodesk would buy them out, THEN you would see the proper development.

Whatahyagonnado?
    Thomas W. Hillis, LEED AP

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by zanzibarbob View Post
    I have asked, in the Revit forums, for them to develop a direct .epix export. No luck there and the Piranesi people keep throwing the blame back on Autodesk for not sharing the needed code. I had always hoped that Autodesk would buy them out, THEN you would see the proper development.

Whatahyagonnado?
    The question is: how many users of Piranesi do we have in Europe, enough to develop
    this soft. Look at this forum: only three of us to speak about this problem during months.
    No enough customer no investment!

Default autodesk

Gentleman:

Do you actually think Autodesk would share anything, are you crazy??? The only time
    Autodesk shares, is if you pay for it plain and simple.

Michael333